All students who have paid the student union membership fee are entitled to a student card.
1) Students of Tampere University of Technology / University of Tampere
• Student cards are ordered by the student secretary.
• The students are sent a student card application form (also online: www.antenna.ﬁ) with the acceptance letter.
• The completed application should be posted to: Pointer ry, PL 181, 28101 Pori
• Cards can be picked up from student services (price €7) 2‐3 weeks later.
2) Students of University of Turku (Turku School of Economics, Cultural Production and Landscape Studies)
• Students can order their student cards from MyFrank: https://frank.fi/en/student-card/university/
• You'll need a digital photo of yourself to complete the order
• It is recommended to pay the fee (15,10€) for the card online during the ordering process with a credit card or from a Finnish e-bank account. If you do not have the possibility to use neither a credit card nor the e-bank, please contact the Pointer´s Student services for further information.
• You also need to fill in your Finnish student number given by the University of Turku when ordering your student card
• When asked for the student union, choose TYY‐Pori
• After ordering and paying for the card, you will get a confirmation e-mail. Cards can be picked up from Pointer’s student services 2‐3 weeks later.
'The student card is updated every year with a new year tag. New students get the first year tag with the card automatically. The year tags can be picked up from the beginning of August from student services. To get the year tag students must show a certificate of enrolment.
New academic year begins August 1st but the previous tag is still valid in:
• Restaurant Sofia until September 30th
• long-distance buses (Matkahuolto) and long-distance trains (VR) until September 30th
However, you should notice that the Finnish Student Health Services (FSHS) follow the academic year strictly and require the new tag since August 1st.
UCPori students will also get a Pointer sticker from student services. The sticker entitles students to all benefits meant for members of Pointer (student discounts, free entry to post-event parties, healthcare services, sports services).
The student card with a valid year tag on it provides you many considerable benefits:
• subsidized lunches at Restaurant Sofia and other student restaurants
• inexpensive health services at FSHS
• mainly half-priced lond-distance bus and train tickets
• discounts in various stores and restaurants around town
You can find all the students national benefits: https://alennukset.frank.fi/en/discounts/ and the local benefits: http://www.slice.fi.